Do Business in Maldives
Key Development Projects
iHAVAN – Integrated Development Project
iHavan will be demarcated as Special Economic Zone that, allows comprehensive incentives for investors. Offering unrivalled strategic access to the global growing consumer markets, iHavan will include incentives to attract regional officers of multinational corporations. Top executives will have the best of all worlds – bureaucracy free work environment, advantageous location and the opportunity to reside in a tropical-paradise.
Develop a cruise terminal and establish boutique shopping and tourist related facilities in the proximity to the terminal.
Luxury Yacht Marinas
Establish luxury yacht marinas in the north, centre and south of the Maldives, to maximize advantage as a premium tourist destination.
- Improve the connectivity and mobility of the population of the greater Malé region.
- Facilitate the development of Hulhumale’ to its full potential.
- Develop through PPP and the proponent shall engage in the designing, building, financing, maintenance and operation of the bridge.
- Investor will have the provision of relevant commercial development rights.
- Investor can propose added incentives required for the feasibility of the project.
Expansion of International & Domestic Airports
- Develop new domestic airports and upgrade the existing international and domestic airports.
- Major expansion projects include- Upgrading Gan International Airport - extend are surface airport runway, expand apron, build new Taxiway, establish a seaplane base, promote boutique airport for private jets. - Redeveloping Hanimaadhoo International Airport as multi-modal international transport hub - expand the runway and build new terminal facilities.
Maldivian Youth Resource Institute of Arts & Design (MYRIAD)
- Project will combine fine arts, performing arts, music and design – both traditional and contemporary.
- Project will be based in a prospective site in Hulhumale’.
- MYRIAD will have an amphitheatre, gallery spaces, studio/workshop spaces, auditoriums and showrooms. » A hotspot for excursion visitors to Hulhumale’.
- Establish an IT park in Hulhumale’ with special economic privileges.
- Develop physical and IT infrastructure and supporting facilities.
- Develop an IT Training Institute.
- Develop a mechanism to provide incubator - services and seed funding system to match local and foreign investors and provide funds and office space for start-ups.
New National Stadium
- Establish a world-class multi sports stadium that caters for local and international sporting events.
- Stadium complex will be used as a training facility for international athletes.
National Aquatic Centre
- Establish an environmentally sustainable aquatic centre with modern services.
- The National Aquatic Centre will have an Olympic-sized, competition heated swimming pool, practice pool, diving pool, spectator seating, fitness centre, plant and equipment rooms, kiosk and café seating, office accommodation, roof garden and shopping space.